Facebook and HTC have created the HTC First and will be available to you on AT&T’s 4G network for $99.99 with a 2 year contract. The HTC First brings Facebook to the front through Facebook Home. This allows you to see, respond and like your friends statuses without out having to open the Facebook app. You also have the ability to chat with your friends no matter what your doing at the time. Facebook Home has what they call Chat Heads where if a friend sends you a Facebook chat message a little circle with their face pops up on the side and allows you open the chat window over top your current work and quickly respond. If you use Facebook daily and love to keep in contact with friends and family that way I highly suggest you check the HTC First out.
Key Hardware Features of the HTC First:
- 4.3″ HD display
- Facebook Home operating system running on-top of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 2000 mAh battery giving about 14 hours talk time.
- 1.4GHz Dual-core processor
- 16 GB of internal storage
- 1 GB RAM
- 5 MP camera
- 1080p HD video recording / 720p HD playback
- 1.6 MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE Speeds on AT&T’s Network
- Four colors to choose from Black, White, Pale Blue and Red
Key Software Features of the HTC First:
- Cover feed: A constant, fresh stream of photos and updates from your news feed cover feed is always present when you wake up your phone. It lets you stay up-to-date on your friends’ latest activities in real-time, all the time. You can swipe through to see more photos and updates, double tap to “like” a post and comment right from cover feed.
- Notifications: Notifications from apps and friends appear right on your home screen. It’s easier to see when you have a missed call, calendar reminder or new message. Open a notification with a double tap or clear them away to see your Cover Feed.
- Chat Heads: The mobile messenger lets you jump in and out of conversations while you do other things, like watch a video and browse the web. Reply right from chat heads, or move them around if you’re not ready to respond. Plus you can send and receive texts and Facebook messages from the same spot.
- App Launcher: See your favorite apps and post right to Facebook from the same spot. You choose what’s on your app launcher—press and hold an app then drag it anywhere.
- Instagram: HTC First is the only phone that comes with Instagram pre-loaded.
This is a device Facebook Fanatics have been waiting for. Few recall the HTC Status AKA ChaCha because it just make a break through but I feel those that use Facebook daily will fall in love with the HTC First. Maybe you love Facebook and want the experience of Facebook Home but without losing your current device. Well you may be in luck. Starting April 12th the Facebook Home Launcher will be available on the Google Play Store for select device. Those devices include the HTC One X, HTC One X+, Samsung Galaxy S III and Samsung Galaxy Note II.
The HTC First hits stores April 12th and you can pre-order now! Visit att.com/facebookhome to learn more and order yours today.
If you want to learn more about Facebook Home visit Facebook.com/Home
Photo Source: Mashable and TechRadar